Saturday, November 19, 2011

My first day at work

To be honest, I took my first (very first!) job a few months ago, in a large French company that I will not mention. However, this is the first day of this blog, as a result, it justifies the title of this first article!
You will probably find some spelling or grammar mistakes around this blog. That’s because English isn’t my mother tongue. I started the same blog in French here (which is my mother tongue!), but I wanted to do the same exercise in English because I want feedback from different cultures, different horizons. So, thank you in advance for your indulgence! (And by the way, if you notice recurrent mistakes, don’t hesitate to tell me about it!)
Maybe this blog will give you the feeling that perhaps I’m already disenchanted of my professional life. In fact, not at all. I'm rather passionate about what I do, and especially by some very boring stuffs, like business process modeling, writing procedures which are read only by me (yes it’s useless and sad), programming during my free time... But like everyone else, especially like a lot of young graduates who discover the joy of starting to work their first year without holidays, I can’t take it any more!! Then I ruminate, I talk about that with my sweet and tender fiancĂ©e (which have just encouraged me to create this blog ... Let me think... it’s hiding something!), and I’m still ruminating.
But since several weeks, I begin to ruminate in a slightly more constructive way by scribbling on scraps of paper some ideas on how my day at work could be better. But let’s clarify things : I’m not going to give you tips on how to bypass Internet filters established by your sweet and tender bosses in order to play online poker, but to share my thoughts about management, organizational issues, from a young worker point of view, who likes to read boring books (or not!) on such subjects.

But before we begin, let me introduce myself a little bit. My name is irrelevant, my age too. I work in a French multinational company, a mastodon, where it’s sometimes difficult to find its place and see the impact of our actions. I graduated from a French business school. I go to work in RER (French name of the suburb train network, but I am doing well, the torture lasts only 15 minutes). I do not live alone. Our fridge is too small, so we are forced to go shopping each day after work (Oh, joy). I started oil painting not long ago, I let you imagine the smell of our apartment now...

On these brief personal items, I look forward seeing you later. My wish is to share with you, dear readers, on the little things of everyday life at work that make us think there is no more than x days before the weekend.

MyLongDayAtWork

No comments:

Post a Comment