Monday, November 21, 2011

One of my coworker is smoking

Generalization isn’t good, but I noticed something among my coworkers. It's like the “cigarette break” wasn’t considered as a regular "break", but as a working time break required by a natural purpose. Like going to the restroom...

At work, we need to ensure an answering service during lunchtime, successively. And very often, my dear colleague wants to take a cigarette break. Which is pretty hilarious is that he comes to me and ask if I can assure receiving calls, telling me :
"Can I take a 15 minutes break for smoking a cigarette ?"
And his face looks like he is telling me : "Can I take 15 minutes to do my insulin shot?"
At the end of the day, when I leave work, he’s still there, working. Completely overwhelmed. Oh maybe I didn’t specify : he takes at least five smoke breaks during the day. Uh this represent 1 hour and 15 minutes break each day... So we could leave work at the same moment if he didn’t.

Smoking is a waste of time. Don’t smoke saves time. So don’t smoke. For those who do not know the reference (humoristic french video) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv5aUuMqPD4

No comments:

Post a Comment